Here’s what happened this past week in the world of video game music and audio!
- Want to hear some chip-tunes related goodness this weekend? Then check out Blip Festival 2012 in NYC starting today, May 25th and running until Sunday the 27th- check the link for details. Here’s a write-up in Popular Mechanics about all the goings ons. I’ll be rooting for fellow Philadelphia-based artist Chipocrite.
- Here’s a little piece in the LA Times by Jamie Wetherbe highlighting the Pacific Symphony, the orchestra that provided the soundtrack to Diablo III.
- Video game musician Mega Ran/Random’s (Raheem Jarbo) new album, Language Arts: Volume One, looks to be awesome. It’s an album, a comic book, and a video game. Here’s a write-up in Kotaku.
- Spain awards Shigeru Miyamoto their prestigious Prince of Asturias award.
- Lastly, Peter Gregson, Daniel Jones, and the Britten Sinfonia Orchestra are going to make music out of people’s tweets.
Have a good weekend, folks! For you US people, have a good Memorial Day!